Please proceed directly to some other lane
There now follows a ranking of the top Games Lanes in London. While active, these Games Lanes may be used only by Olympic and emergency vehicles. Drivers should review the electronic signs on these roads to determine when, where, and why these lanes are active. Information below is accurate, if at all, as of SUN 29 JUL 2012.
- East India Dock Rd, Blackwall Tunnel northern approach, High St, East Cross Route, Eastway, A12, Great Eastern Rd: These roads serve as a ring route around Olympic Park.
- Shooters Hill Rd, Blackwall Tunnel southern approach, Millenium Wy: These lanes connect the equestrian and modern pentathlon events at Greenwich Park with the basketball, gymnastics, and trampoline events at North Greenwich Arena.
- York Rd, Battersea Park Rd, Nine Elms Ln, Vauxhall Bridge, Millbank, Victoria Embankment, Upper Thames St, Lower Thames St, Byward St, Tower Hill, Tower Hill Terrace, East Smithfield, The Highway, Limehouse Link, Aspen Wy: Starting at St George’s Park, these Games Lanes proceed eastward into central London, servicing Horse Guards Parade, the Mall, and the North Greenwich Arena.
- South Way, First Way, Great Central Rd, North Circular Rd, Western Av, Marylebone Rd, Euston Rd, Pentonville Rd, City Rd, Old St: This is a long pathway of Games Lanes that originate at Wembley, pass between Hyde Park and Lord’s, and lead toward Olympic Park.
- M4 eastbound: This lane, available between the A312 and Boston Manor Park, should assist those coming from Heathrow Airport.
- Knightsbridge, Duke of Wellington Pl, Park Ln: These lanes surround the triathlon venue at Hyde Park.
- Gloucester Pl, Baker St, Park Rd: These roads service Lord’s Cricket Ground, home of Olympic archery.
- Cedars Rd, Great West Rd, Ellesmere Rd, Hogarth Ln, Cromwell Rd, Cromwell Gardens, Thurloe Pl, Brompton Rd: A lengthy sequence of Games Lanes are available near the volleyball venue at Earl’s Court.
- Upper Woburn Pl, Woburn Pl, Southampton Row, Kingsway, Aldwych, The Strand: These roads pass north to south near the Mall and Horse Guards Parade.
- West Hill, Wandsworth High St: These short lanes are along major roads in the vicinity of Wimbledon.